Monday 22 October 2012

What makes SAP a dream company?

Of course, most of “SAP employees” would have experienced this moment during their tenure with SAP. Somebody asks you “where do you work” and you say “I am with SAP”, the immediate reaction is WOW you are working for a Great company. After that you spend 2-3 minutes talking about SAP and employee benefits and etc. This happened to me many times and that is what made me write this article.
There are lots of times; I questioned myself what made SAP a dream company for most of the IT experts and like everybody I started giving choices to myself thinking this may be the reason
1)      A Great Technology company
2)      A very good paymaster
3)      An employee friendly organization
4)      Open culture
5)      Very good employee policies and list kept increasing……
And I found the above mentioned reasons were not at all reason because in each case there are competitors who fairly compete with SAP in each case
One day I went for a regional movie, where an actor is driving a bike and I noticed SAP logo on actor’s Helmet.  Immediately felt proud about SAP. Not sure if the actor knew he is carrying SAP logo on his helmet but I understood he is also doing indirect branding and promotion for SAP and that gave me an answer to my long awaited question.
The only way any organization can become employees Dream Company is only by making an employee feel proud that he is working for a great company, where his efforts are well recognized and that is what SAP is exactly doing. A great product is an outcome of a great work, a great work is an outcome of great thought, a great thought is an outcome of ownership and Ownership comes only when their efforts are well recognized.
Recognition can be of two types any organization
1)      How well you are recognized within the organization
2)      How well you are recognized outside the organization.
We can give equal 50% to the both. Most employees of start-ups and small company are recognized for their work and that is what is keeping them happy. I think in SAP, we have already scored 50% for the second type of recognition. So anything you score on the first point is a BonusJ. I am proud to be a part of SAPJ

No comments:

Post a Comment