Monday 22 October 2012

Cold Calling - How to Reach CIO office?

The easiest way to reach the CIO is only Email because you can very well avoid road blocks like Operators and Executive Assistant but the challenge is how to make the CIO to read your email. I followed the following steps.... which gave me fantastic results... always remember may be he is a CIO of a big company but he is always a human.... So do not ever sound Salesy at any point of time.... Let me share what made me successful

I will always surf for Top 100 CIO's or Best CIO's of the Globe, or CIO Forum, and finally for the best conference speech from the CIO's..

My Subject will always be quite different and it may sound quite funny like "TOP 100 CIO", "Best CIO's of the Globe" "Please advise" "Please Educate me" and remember my email will never be salesy... my first intention is to reach him..... and to get his attention.

So I will start of with small self introduction, followed by a big appreciation and finally end the email asking for an appointment to learn or to get educated from him about the technology or market situation or what his great skills are

What i learned from this exercise is most of the CIO do not even know that they were named the BEST CIO or they are in the Top 100 list... you wont believe... out of 100 email i sent.... I got response from 60+ CIO's directly and 20 + from assistants.....now dont you know what to do...

The responses are like... where did you get this news??? can you share the link?? what you want to learn?? and a few...emails asking me to talk to the Asstnt's and get an appointment... so now the request became authority... so i always use this email as my great strength and block CIO's calendar....

From then, the whole of team mates come to me for suggestions, and you wont believe we have cracked most of the billion dollar companies.....

1 comment:

  1. Nice, Will share with my colleague..
    Chirag Harde

    ReplyDelete